Monday, July 6, 2009

Neurosurgery Residency best and bitter experience

Now I am already into it. I have no escape no choices no alternatives . Rules are straightforwad and its monotonous. Same routine and same schedules . Same road same vehicle and same destination. When I reach hospital same security guard saluting in the same manner as usual and to make the matter worse same liftman with the same smile waiting for me. Second floor and thats our Neurosurgery block . And there are range of patients waiting for all sort of their complains for no matter how long to be exploded as soon as I have encounter with them at 8 am.
Then starts the day . Morning rounds , outdoor , ward procedures , case summary , new admissions , pre op preparations , and what not ? If I get some drinks or snacks to enjoy a moment for while I would consider myself a lucky guy that day. So its almost 4 or 5 pm when suddenly my all 5 senses start failing and my sixth sense becomes activated which sigmal me to go home If Iam so lucky that I am not on call for that day.
So rush to my apartment I dont want to describe how and which way coz I will be tired by now infact that feeling is reinstated now even when I am writing these lines.
Go home have a heavy lunch and take a nap .
woke up refresh and start turning the pages of yesterdays leftover.
so thats how time runs in its usual way and I am too flowing with it . I dont have control.

The best part is that every day is a brand new day . Every case is a new case. Every patients are different . Every complaints are new . Everything I learn is new. Thats what I like the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment