Tuesday, June 8, 2010

When I Grow Older I Will Be Stronger They'll Call me Freedom , Just like a Waving flag

Awesome .. Goose bumps all around my body on hearing this song.
Which is the first match of world cup football that u have watched and and can recall now? Well for me its way back to 1990 the semifinal match between England Vs Germany . All I remember is Gary Linekar , Klinsman and Lothar Mathhews and I think England lost the match . Germany eventually won the title that time . And yes Maradona who can forget him in that world cup . Everyone was talking about Maradona and his extraordinary brilliance and exuberant performance in 1986 who single handedly lead Argentina to win title in 1986. For a kid like me and and others it was the 1990 world cup to get a glimpse of brilliance of Maradona which we missed in '86.
And now its 2010 South Africa and and few days remaining for kick-off. I am not a heartthrob fan of any particular country but I do support England cause I follow EPL and I know most of the English players . So this time around I am eagerly waiting for the magic from boots of Rooney and left footed shoots of Gerrard . Well definitely England will miss the defensive wall of Rio Ferdinand . What I am missing is talented impressive Arsenal striker Walcott .
Well theres a bunch of players like Drogba , Arjen Robben , Ballack, Essien , and now Nani ....
Theyre all out of world cup . Billions of people are waiting to see the magical display of football from likes of Messi , Christian Ronaldo , Kaka , Rooney , Robinho , Xavi, David Villa and many more players . Spain is the most balanced side at present with Euro title already in bag they are more confident with impressive line up of class midfielders and strikers .Watch out for Inesta he is the sensational Barcelona midfielder. Brazil , Argentina and Holland are always favourites .
So its the month of brilliant football ...its the festival ... its the most awaited and the most watched game on the Earth . So lets celebrate . Lets enjoy ...
I am definitely in........

No comments:

Post a Comment